The following is the versioning strategy followed by CelloSaaS
There are two types of Releases made in CelloSaaS
- Major Release
- For any newer technological upgrade [Like .net 4.6 / MVC 5 etc]
- For any major architectural changes within CelloSaaS
- This involves the changes in the "AssemblyVersion"
- Individual feature upgrades
- Issue fixes if any
- This involves the changes in the "AssemblyFileVersion"
The release typically happens in the following modes
- Any dll changes involved in the release will be shipped as nugets
- Source / DB Scripts
- Any source code / database scripts will be shipped as pacakges in compressed format, which should be merged with the existing application code / database scripts if there is any customization that was done
All the releases will be updated in support.techcello.com and the detailed steps to merge the code / upgrade the database will also be provided in a readme file.
For any further questions, please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org